Garfield's River to Rail Business District
Small Business Covid Relief Grant Program
For small business owners within the “River to Rail” Neighborhood District
The Garfield River to Rail Neighborhood District and the City of Garfield in partnership with Greater Bergen Community Action are excited to offer a COVID-19 relief grant opportunity to help support local small businesses which have been adversely affected by the Coronavirus Pandemic.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A MAP OF THE
RIVER TO RAIL NEIGHBORHOOD DISTRICT
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Small Business owners with property within the “River to Rail” Neighborhood boundaries who have been adversely affected by the Covid-19 Pandemic.
The program is designed to reimburse unpaid costs associated with operational interruption due to the pandemic beginning March 1, 2020.
Eligible items include but are not limited to:
· Commercial rent for November and December, and/or unpaid mortgage, rents, and utilities since March 1, 2020
· Perishable inventory lost due to an interruption of business
· Procurement of PPE equipment such as masks, gloves, shield guards, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, social distancing signage and decals.
· Costs for space and technology upgrades to allow social distancing when business reopened, including furniture, barriers, laptops, software, and touch-free credit card payment systems.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A COMPLETE LIST OF ELIGIBLE COSTS, INELIGIBLE COSTS AND OTHER GRANT REQUIREMENTS
BUSINESS OWNERS WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO $10,000 OF GRANT FUNDING.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH NOVEMBER 23, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
2. Submit the application and ALL supporting documents using this form and someone will contact you within 5 business days.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE SUBMITTED UNLESS ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN UPLOADED BELOW.
1. A copy of a current, signed and executed lease agreement with your landlord clearly showing 2020 monthly rent amounts. If you own, a copy of latest mortgage statement. (This grant program will pay November and December 2020 rents/mortgages).
2. A filled out, signed and dated W-9 form. Download form here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
3. Proof of outstanding March-present operation expenses requested under this program that have not been reimbursed through other federal, state or county CARES funded relief programs. (Past due utility bills, unpaid payroll, unpaid invoices, past due rent/mortgage invoices/letters from landlord/lender, etc.)
4. A most recent federal business tax return (personal return if not a business tax return with Schedule C included).
OTHER FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
BANKING YOU CAN TRUST!
392 Main Street Hackensack, NJ
(201) 968-0202 •
Qualified business owners will also be eligible for low-interest small business loans from 1st Bergen Federal Credit Union!
Borrow up to $75,000 at 2.75% for loan terms not to exceed 5 years. The program also includes an initial six-month payment deferral period.
STOREFRONT REHABILITATION GRANTS:
Improve your storefront on us!
The Garfield River to Rail Neighborhood District is excited to offer four grant opportunities to help create a vibrant downtown business district. Building and business owners will be eligible for the following four categories of grant funding:
Commercial/Mixed Use Rehabilitation Grant
Commercial/Mixed Use Materials Grant
Commercial/Mixed Use Visual Merchandising Grant
Commercial/Mixed Use ADA Access Grant