GBCA Honors Leaders in Building Stronger Communities at Annual Gala
Greater Bergen Community Action Inc. (GBCA) held its 12th Annual Gala on Thursday, October 10th, 2019 at The Fiesta in Wood-Ridge, New Jersey.
At this year’s gala, GBCA celebrated more than a half-century of work towards positively impacting lives through programs and services that address the needs of the communities we serve. To help carry out that work, GBCA fosters strong community partnerships with organizations and individuals like the ones listed below, who were honored as Leaders in Building Stronger Communities for their laudatory contributions individually and to our agency’s work:
· Vivian Brady-Phillips, Executive Director, Jersey City Housing Authority
· Thomas J. Duch, City Manager of Garfield
· Bob Guarasci, Founder/CEO NJ Community Development Corp., Paterson
· Gregory Jackson, Pastor, Mount Olive Baptist Church, Hackensack
· Jerome J. Lombardo, Chairman of Main Street Business Alliance, Hackensack
· Susana A. Perón, Deputy Superintendent, Paterson Public Schools
· Richard Rigoglioso, Mayor of Garfield
· Anna Sciacca, Superintendent of Schools, Garfield
GBCA’s 2019 Annual Gala was supported by platinum sponsor, HUB International; gold sponsor, MBAF Certified Public Accountants and Advisors; and silver sponsors Capodagli Property, DEVCO New Brunswick Development Corporation, Pearlman & Miranda, LLC, United Supply Corp., and Winn Companies.
GBCA President and CEO, Robert F. Halsch addressed the evening’s guests and introduced the honorees. Halsch said, “The eight people that we’re honoring tonight, whose leadership we are recognizing for the impact that they have made in their communities, all have very distinctive characteristics that are critical to the work of Greater Bergen Community Action.”
Each of the eight honorees spoke briefly about their relationships with GBCA and the significance of community partnerships in the fight against poverty. Dr. Allan De Giulio, Executive Vice President of GBCA and Gala Chairperson, said: “The eight outstanding honorees represent the best and the brightest of community leaders in Bergen, Passaic and Hudson counties. It is time that they receive the plaudits they so richly deserve.”