JOB OPPORTUNITY: Accountant - (Credit Union)
Title: Accountant - (Credit Union)
Reports to: 1st Bergen COO
The Accountant (credit union) is responsible for all the accounting functions of the credit union.
· Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
· Is responsible for conducting month-end close.
· Assures that all of the month’s financial activities have been accounted for.
· Prepare monthly reports which are reconciled along with the bank’s general ledger and compiled to create a month-end report.
· Is responsible for maintaining the institution’s general ledger.
· Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs
· Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
· Prepare daily reconciliations of cash & control accounts:
· Post Daily Reconciliation Entries
· Exceptions, Ach/Atm/Eft Share Drafts.
· Review teller activity and Reconciliation in support of COO
· Post GL Entries
· Analyze and prepare journal entries & analyze General Ledger activity
· Assist in internal & external audit
· Oversee compilation of fiscal & operational documents for monitoring reviews & audits
2. Relationship Management.
3. Critical Evaluation.
5. Business Acumen.
6. Cultural Awareness.
7. Leadership & Navigation.
8. Ethical Practice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 20 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
2. Proven understanding of GAAP
Preferred Education and Experience
1. CPA or CPA candidate preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Must demonstrate good organizational, communication, and problem solving skills.
2. Strong ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with staff and general public.
3. Full knowledge of Fiserv applications, ie TruTeller, Nautilus, client central, virtual branch etc.
4. Proficiency in computer software, Advanced Excel;
5. Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
6. Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Greater Bergen Community Action, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply Contact:
GBCA Inc., Human Resources 392 Main St. Hackensack, NJ 07601 or
Email along with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to (201) 342-9339
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons.