JOB OPPORTUNITY: Assistant Branch Manager
Title: Assistant Branch Manager
Reports to: Branch Manager
In partnership with the Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for the efficient operation of the branch platform and teller area in compliance with Bank policies and procedures. Provide exceptional customer service to existing and potential customers.
• Assume authority of daily branch operations when Branch Manager is not present:
• Assist and effectively handle all operational issues or branch-related matters
• Responsible for making sound business decisions when addressing issues. Approve transactions, as required
• Maintain a working knowledge of all products and services to assist in answering questions from staff and customers
• In partnership with Branch Manager, manage the hiring, training and retention of staff.
• Cross train in all positions within branch and perform any operations duties, as needed, during peak periods or to maintain coverage, including teller functions
• Continually seek ways to improve branch operations and productivity to meet established goals
• Actively contribute to branch goals by retaining and expanding customer base, as well as, managing and promoting a sales culture within branch
• Run reports and identify existing customers who may have a financial need for new or additional products or services
• Cultivate relationships with potential new customers through networking, strong customer service and solid product knowledge
• Partner with Branch Manager to ensure daily branch operations are being conducted in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines
• Monitor customer transactions, complete daily proofing of all branch-related areas, review daily reports of customers’ activity and complete any paperwork as required for Compliance and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) purposes
• Ensure dual control procedures are enforced at all times
• Complete periodic internal branch audits
• Ensure all branch security procedures are being followed appropriately and effectively
• Attend management meetings to obtain information on new products and services, new/current policies and procedures, lessons learned from other branches and other information sharing practices
• Regular involvement in community-based organizations to support local businesses, increase 1stBergen’s presence in the community
• Monitor the collection process, facilitating calls and mailings
• Interface with credit union vendors such as Fiserv OnCU, TransUnion, CUNA Mutual, etc. (and develop new vendors as applicable)
• Two-year college degree or 5+ years banking experience, including supervisory experience required
• Banking experience required (5+ years)
• Excellent communication skills required (5+ years)
• Solid computer skills required (5+ years)
• Strong sales skills with ability to effectively develop business preferred (2+ years)
• Supervisory skills preferred (2+ years)
• Experience with multi-cultural populations
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
This position has supervisory responsibilities, and also serves as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 hour shift. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Greater Bergen Community Action, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply Contact: GBCA Inc., Human Resources 392 Main St. Hackensack, NJ 07601 or
and Email along with resume to email@example.com or Fax to (201) 342-9339
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons.