JOB OPPORTUNITY: Custodian
Reports to: Facility Supervisor
The Custodian will clean and maintain the school or other educational facility
· Clean and maintain all assigned workspaces and equipment, including but not limited to mopping, disinfecting, dusting and vacuuming.
· Perform all activities that are custodial in nature and deemed appropriate by Administration including mopping, disinfecting, dusting and vacuuming.
· Performs general cleaning and janitorial duties in the common areas of the building.
· Performs minor repairs and maintenance such as replacing light fixtures or unclogging pipes.
· Assists in cleaning and sanitizing classrooms, restrooms and common areas.
· Performs limited grounds maintenance such as mowing and trimming lawns and hedges and cleaning snow from sidewalks.
· Maintains a neat and orderly janitors’ room; ensures cleaning and maintenance supplies are stocked.
· Washes windows.
· Assists in examining school for safety hazards; reports deficiencies to their supervisor, Associate Director of Operations and/or Area Director.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
· Detail-oriented and thorough.
· Ability to perform basic repairs and operate tools or equipment used in routine maintenance.
· Ability to keep the school clean and orderly.
· Ability to interact with staff, students, parents, and visitors at school while remaining professional, polite, and courteous.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Must pass a background check.
· Prolonged periods standing.
· Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
To Apply Contact:
GBCA Inc., Human Resources 392 Main St. Hackensack, NJ 07601 or
Email along with resume to email@example.com or Fax to (201) 342-9339
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons.