JOB OPPORTUNITY: Director of Grants Management
Title: Director of Grants Management
Reports to: Vice President Planning, Development & Communications
The Director of Grants Management will manage the grant writing and reporting staff, providing oversight to various government and foundation grants. The Director of Grants Management will work with the VP of Planning, department of Finance, and Program teams to administer awarded grants and contracts, provide project management assistance, and oversee all required grant reporting. The Director of Grants Management will provide project management assistance to project directors. The position is expected to monitor project work plans and goals, to participate in a collaborative organizational environment, and to act with a great degree of discretion and independent judgment. Accordingly, the applicant must be a strong self-starter and thrive in collaborative teams.
· In partnership with Vice President of Planning, Development and Communications, identify new programs and new funding that GBCA should pursue.
· Manage the grants and data teams by keeping track of upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring a smooth completion of deliverables.
· Work with Finance, Development and Program Staff to assist in the job of reporting and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of the grant process.
· Manage the preparation of detailed reports to funders, partners, and the GBCA staff and Board of Directors.
· Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs.
· Serve as liaison to Finance staff in keeping records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant-related activities.
· Manage training for other staff on grants management and reporting requirements.
· Provide project management for grant renewals and reporting requirements.
· May assist with grant writing and fund development activities.
· May assist with searching for opportunities.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
· 5+ years of relevant experience.
· English is required, and Spanish language desirable.
· Ability to read & interpret documents, reports & correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups and/or individuals.
· Ability to work with budgets and data analysis.
Skills & Competencies:
· Facilitation skills: Ability to work with a variety of teams effectively and efficiently.
· Interpersonal skills: Ability to work effectively with leaders in different program areas to ensure effective grants management and program delivery.
· Ability to translate jargon into plain English: Able to both understand the grant pros and cons and explain those to other decision makers.
· Microsoft Office
· Usage of databases
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Data analysis
· Raiser’s Edge or other CRM is a plus
· $65,000 - $75,000
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Greater Bergen Community Action, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply Contact: GBCA Inc., Human Resources 392 Main St. Hackensack, NJ 07601 or
and Email along with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to (201) 342-9339
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons.