JOB OPPORTUNITY: Grant Writer
Title: Grant Writer
Reports to: Director of Grants Management
FLSA: Non- Exempt
• Work with other members of the grant writing team to research and identify new government and private funding prospects
• Work with other members of the grant writing team to generate proposals and supporting documents in response to requests for proposals.
• Generate revenue for agency programs and services through timely submission of well- researched, well-written, and well-documented proposals
• Work with Data Management Analyst to access and utilize client data
• Partner with program staff/managers to assist in initial phases of program proposal development to ensure successful implementation.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with key funding partners.
• Collaborate with program staff to secure documentation required per funders’ interim reports
• Assist with special projects as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree and 1 to 3 years experience.
• Excellent writing (writing sample of two to three pages submitted with resume), research, and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Some familiarity with NJ DCA (Green) SAGE and NJ DOS (Blue) SAGE, ZOOM Grants, and other proposal application platforms would be useful.
• Able to work cooperatively and amicably as a member of a team.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Greater Bergen Community Action, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply, CLICK HERE.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons.