JOB OPPORTUNITY: Multi-Media Content Creator
Title: Multi-Media Content Creator
Reports to: Director of Marketing
The Multimedia Content Creator is savvy in visual storytelling through graphic design, photos, kinetic text, and video, and graphic design and will use their skills to create content that reinforces Greater Bergen communication strategies and contributes to goals of raising awareness, enrolling programs, driving new business, and positioning the agency as a thought-leader. Our ideal candidate is a crafty multiplatform content creator who is quick to deliver compelling and shareable content.
· Create effective visual content – print and digital – such as flyers, advertisements, landing pages, social media assets, signage, infographics, presentations, data visualization, newsletters, emails, and videos, etc.
· Translate creative concepts into compelling visual content.
· Develop and maintain an organized, sharable digital library of scripts, videos, photos, graphics.
· Publish, distribute and promote visual work on appropriate platforms including scheduling social media posts, email blasts, blog posts, etc.
· Conduct interviews with and photograph staff, clients, and others for videos and other content.
· Take captivating video and photos to use in the creation of content.
· Coordinate marketing purchases including supplies, promotional items, print materials, etc. – research, pricing, design, purchase orders, receiving and distribution.
· Maintain spreadsheet of Marketing Expenses.
· Maintain marketing supply closet inventory, tracking, organization, and handling requests for supplies.
· Update agency’s various websites as needed.
· Basic writing of blog articles/social media copy.
· Attend and represent GBCA at community events as needed.
· Operate within a variety of moving priorities and deadlines so projects meet the moment and support the organization’s goals.
· Ability to frame ideas, develop stories and synthesize complex issues in a creative way that appeals to a wide variety of audiences.
· Ideate large volumes of content across multiple media platforms and tools .
· Stellar editing skills with a strong sense for storytelling, pacing, watchability, and creative use of text.
· Create content that pulls attention and drives engagement.
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in team settings.
· Two years or more of college level studies in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Graphic Design, and/or Business.; or equivalent experience
· Minimum two years of experience in a multimedia content creation role; some nonprofit experience preferred
· Demonstrated experience with design, photography and video editing programs (Adobe Suite: Premier Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects).
· Must be proactive, detail-team oriented, organized, and a strong critical thinker and problem solver
· Proficiency in Microsoft 365 Suite, Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects, Wix Websites, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, Social Media Networks (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter)
· Experience in motion graphics design and animation experience a plus
· Bilingual writing/speaking a plus.
· Must have a valid NJ driver’s license
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Greater Bergen Community Action, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply Contact:
GBCA Inc., Human Resources 392 Main St. Hackensack, NJ 07601 To apply, CLICK HERE.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons.